Learn about art in Japan, art schools in Japan, art colleges in Japan, music in Japan, modern Japanese art, classical Japanese art and all other things art in Japan!
That picture of the woman with all the hair sticks is not a geisha. That is a sort of courtesan (prostitute). Geisha were not and are still not allowed to wear so many sticks in their hair.
4 comments:
hey, just wondering if you know the official name of this painting and/or the artist. it would help a lot! thanks!
I actually do not know the artist or its official name, but I will look into it
That picture of the woman with all the hair sticks is not a geisha. That is a sort of courtesan (prostitute). Geisha were not and are still not allowed to wear so many sticks in their hair.
Thank you for the clarification Blood Valkyrie, I was not aware of that
Post a Comment